Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cmarcus
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2010 :  09:42:09  Show Profile
Hi Guys,

I was just doing a bit of playing around with the PLC when I came across the Immediate: HSC Frequency Measurement Utilities, and saw that it could allow me to use a HSC with Reload and still measure frequency. When I tried to implement it, there seemed to be some problems. It did show me the frequency once in a while but seemed to flake out and quit working. It didn't seem to play nice with my HSC with Reload, when my reload event would fire and/or with Variable "I" counter target. It wasn't clear if this should be the same target as in my hardware configuration?

I did notice that many of the variables are "reserved for future use." Is this option functional yet or is this something that will be enabled in a future revision.

Any info on either how to use this properly or if this is something that will be implemented in future revs would really help.

Thanks,
-Chris

Emil
tech support manager

Israel
978 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2010 :  03:51:06  Show Profile
Hi Chris,
Please send a short e-mail to support@unitronics.com and I'll send you simple "Speedmeter" demo, which uses this function.
Go to Top of Page

cmarcus
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2010 :  09:16:50  Show Profile
Hello Emil,
I received the program with the example and still am still having problems. If I have a HSC with Reload, and a Counter Target set to 2000. I would like to have my counter count to 2000 while the Enable Reload bit is set, and to be able to see the frequency in the DW of the Frequency Measurement utility. When I implement the Frequency Measurement utility, it seems to give me the proper frequency, but it takes changes my Counter Target Value to some very small integer.
Go to Top of Page

Emil
tech support manager

Israel
978 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2010 :  05:25:23  Show Profile
Hi Chris,
You're right - you cannot use both at the same time. The question is what is more important:
- precise frequency measurement or;
- precise stop on target.
In the first case you can compare pulses with Target within 1.25 ms interrupt.
In the second you can use built in Frequency measurement option in the "ordinary" HSC (Reload).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Unitronics Forum © Unitronics Forum Go To Top Of Page