Motion Controls Applications Engineer
Unitronics designs, manufactures, and markets advanced control and automation solutions. Today, our field-proven products automate hundreds of thousands of installations in diverse fields, including petrochemicals, automotive, food processing, plastics & textiles, energy & environment, water & waste water management – anywhere automated processes are required.
Unitronics is represented by more than 160 distributors in over 55 countries around the globe, providing our customers with local support in their local languages.
We are looking for a motion control expert, experienced in the design, support and/or sales of servo systems. This individual will be responsible for imparting knowledge and training in the field of motion, assisting in the pre-sale and post-sale process.
- Present product and technical product information and training to customers, distributors and sales and support teams in individual or group settings.
- Provide superior analytical problem solving expertise for users’ functional and performance requirements.
- Provide guidance on communication protocols, wiring setup, and optimal configuration for interfacing Unitronics products with third-party systems.
- Write custom software examples for end-users and debug existing projects.
- Documentation, training, and customer communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in motion control related engineering (Mechatronics, Electrical, Controls).
- 3+ years experience in the design, support and/or sale of servo systems is required.
- High level of knowledge and experience in closed loop motion control systems and their components/technologies: motion controllers, encoders, servo drives, servo motors, and PLC based host applications.
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems and components.
- Understanding of programming languages; Ladder Logic is a plus!
- High level of travel (50%+) to train distributors, representatives, OEMs and customers in the US and abroad.
Interested in this opportunity? Email your resume to: [email protected]
Unitronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note: Unitronics does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or staffing agencies. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Unitronics or its employees will be considered Unitronics property and to have been referred free of any charges or fees.
Location: Quincy, MA